Monday, February 4, 2013

Starting To Get It Down

About The Blog

I wanted to start putting my ideas down so that family could follow and I could get my thoughts straight.  I have been working on my family tree for a few years now.  Ideas have come and gone and I have come to conclusions and breakthroughs without putting most of it down.

I will be backing up a little and putting down a few things from the past.  These are things that I think are important.  Some of them I have shared with family members, but as I get into contact with new relatives, I want them to be able to follow what I have done.

I do not intend this to be a blow-blow log of what I am doing on my family tree, but I will add things that I feel are interesting and log important finds.

Other Projects
I am also working on creating source references for German researchers.  I plan on translating birth, death and marriage records from different towns and hope to start a series of books with these records.

While doing my own family research, I paid $50 just to have five records translated.  That was the cheapest I could find.  Once I got the translations back, I felt that I could have done a better job.  I began researching old German script and came upon the idea that I could translate many records cheaper than it cost me for just five records.

I have so far finished about 85% of the city of Dörrmoschel from 1870-1875 and hope to self publish the book soon.  I will be working mostly in the Pfalz area of Germany for now, but eventually I would like to do many different area of Germany.  Probably focusing on areas that were known for having large amounts of emigrates.

Wrap-Up
I hope that some individuals can find some interesting stuff here, though I will just be happy to have a way to keep the information and ideas straight.

Thanks for reading!

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment